About Me

My photo
Hello all! My name is Adriana and I live in Prescott Valley. I'm a full-time college student and I have a full-time job. My goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner specializing in OBGYN in the future. I've been told I'm very intelligent and I think I'm a good girl with a wild/open-minded side to me. I enjoy long walks on the beach, BBQs, camping, having a lazy night in while watching a good chick flick, and anything that catches my attention. I'm definitely a girly girl at heart and my favorite color is pink. I have a couple of addictions. I am addicted to texting and I can't stay away from ice cream. I consider myself to be outgoing and I love to meet new people.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thesis Assignment




1. A is the weak thesis statement because it makes no claim. It is too general and only tells what the story is going to be about, which can be about many different topics which might make no specific point.

2. A is the weaker thesis because it’s an obvious statement and raises no issues to be discussed in the essay. It has only one point of view and too general.

3. B is the weak statement because it doesn’t raise any specific issues. It makes a general statement and it’s not complicated enough because it has just one point of view.

4. A is the weak thesis statement because it’s too generalized. It’s obvious that Othello is about love and jealousy. It raises no questions and it’s not a hypothesis to be tested. It’s more of a truth.

5. A is the weak thesis statement because it’s too long and it offers personal conviction. Not only that, but it raises no questions. It’s more of a blunt opinion rather than a questionable statement.



---The Handmaid's Tale---

QUESTION:
-Why did the doctor offer to help Offred get pregnant if the penalty would be death?

MY THESIS STATEMENT:
-The doctor offered to get Offred pregnant because he felt a genuine need to help her before her time ran out.

IS MY THESIS STRONG?
-I believe I have a strong thesis statement because it is very arguable. It is also specific because I focused on just one event from the story. I could definitely support it with evidence from the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment