About Me

My photo
Hello all! My name is Adriana and I live in Prescott Valley. I'm a full-time college student and I have a full-time job. My goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner specializing in OBGYN in the future. I've been told I'm very intelligent and I think I'm a good girl with a wild/open-minded side to me. I enjoy long walks on the beach, BBQs, camping, having a lazy night in while watching a good chick flick, and anything that catches my attention. I'm definitely a girly girl at heart and my favorite color is pink. I have a couple of addictions. I am addicted to texting and I can't stay away from ice cream. I consider myself to be outgoing and I love to meet new people.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Source Evaluation


Bruno, Anthony. "The Teachings Of Trent. " Billboard 26 May 2007: General Interest
Module, ProQuest. Web. 23 Jul. 2010.

-This source explains the success that Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor had promoting a game with a storyline about the domination of a totalitarian government in a future world. The band did a really good job by promoting the game because it got the fans involved in trying to “piece the story together.” The story of this band sounds like The Handmaid’s Tale. I will use this source to compare it to the story and explain that totalitarianism is still a reality and it still exists. I will explain how it is obvious that The Handmaid’s Tale is based off of a totalitarian society and how it is similar to the story that Reznor had been promoting.


"Ten Steps to Totalitarianism"


"totalitarianism." The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2008. Encyclopedia.com.
23 Jul. 2010

-This online source explains that totalitarianism is pretty much a mix of the government with society. In a totalitarian society, the government is involved in the economic and political matters, as well as the beliefs, attitudes and values of the society. The reasoning behind this is to create a “perfect society.” I plan on using this information as part of my essay to explain that Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale is pretty much based off of totalitarianism. I will provide examples from the text to back up my argument as well as examples from this source to compare/contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment