About Me

My photo
Hello all! My name is Adriana and I live in Prescott Valley. I'm a full-time college student and I have a full-time job. My goal is to become a Nurse Practitioner specializing in OBGYN in the future. I've been told I'm very intelligent and I think I'm a good girl with a wild/open-minded side to me. I enjoy long walks on the beach, BBQs, camping, having a lazy night in while watching a good chick flick, and anything that catches my attention. I'm definitely a girly girl at heart and my favorite color is pink. I have a couple of addictions. I am addicted to texting and I can't stay away from ice cream. I consider myself to be outgoing and I love to meet new people.

Friday, June 11, 2010



WHAT MAKES A GOOD READER?

What is a good reader? Nobolcov believes that a good imagination, a good memory, having and using a dictionary properly, and a good sense of art make a great reader. I definitely agree with all of those qualities.. A reader without an imagination will not enjoy a book because they probably won’t be able to visualize what is happening in the story. Visualizing the story makes the book easier to understand, in my opinion. As a reader, we must remember what has happened in previous pages in the book. By remembering previous events, we are able to link them to events that are happening and will happen in future pages, therefore making the story more interesting. It’s also good to have a dictionary handy because some words that some authors use are difficult to understand to other people because we don’t all use the same vocabulary and because we have a wide range of words. A sense of art also contributes to what was discussed earlier in the paragraph about using imagination to be able to visualize the story. Having an artistic sense contributes to picturing the story and making it more enjoyable to read.

Personally, I can agree that to be a good reader, we must have imagination, memory, a dictionary, and a good artistic sense. Although those things are important, a good reader is not created by a negative and close-minded person who hates a book because the couple in the story lives together and the reader is against living together before marriage. We have to always be optimistic when reading and truly give the writer a chance. We can’t have a mind-set that we won’t enjoy a book. I believe I’m a good reader because I have the listed qualities, but I could benefit from making time to read books. The only thing that makes me a bad reader is the fact that I don’t read much due to a lack of time
.

No comments:

Post a Comment